Friday, January 15, 2010

weekly review

1/10/2010 19
1/11/2010 -119
1/12/2010 61
1/13/2010 19
1/14/2010 -8
1/15/2010 47


ended the week with +19 pips.

1: review the trade this week during the weekend. Done.
2: update charts in this blog. Done
3: write weekly summary for each trading day in this blog. Done
4: review the goals and rules. Done.

Amazing, just after review my trade this week, I realize there are so many places that I need to improve, they are:

1: If I can wait for the breakout to flat, such as the EMA62 on 10 chart to flat at least little bit and then short on top. It will be good profitable trade.
2: Later on the range trade, if I can use limite order to get in at previous low, with a 5 pips stop, could get to 20 pips.
3: Let the winner run longer. One reason is, I have some order not filled at good price because of the early entry before the price drop to support level, so 4: when I take profit, I tend to close them first. Just let winner run, it's free trade anyway.
5: don't trade the off session.
6: have a trading plan and follow it.
7: need to follow the short and intermit trend.
8: I tend to jump right back into a trade when I stopped out, this need to be changed.
9: There is one short need to set closer stop, cannot always use the default.
10: need to take some profit when It's 1R gain. even I'm overall in red.
11: never trade non active session again, meaning spread is 1.5 or more, except breakout of major support/resist point, such as the one ECB talk , and I should only trade with the breakout.
12: follow the direction of the breakout, and write plan before trade.
13: can let the winner run a little longer, but nothing wrong to take it.
14: first trade should take some profit at the 1R level, but I was in bathroom.
15: wasn't going to trade the off session, but when the news hit, still traded. Didn't follow the major trend.
16: didn't write trade plan before the trade.


There are duplicated issue, and overall, there are too many, I think I can just focus on 2 for next week:
1: write a plan and follow the plan.
2: Take profit at 1R and let the rest run.

1 comment: