Monday, April 5, 2010

2010-04-05 slow market

I traded some last night, slow market, got some long at the bottom around 1.3460 to 1.3470 level, but closed too early as I have to go to sleep and I don't want to have open position over night.

This morning the price tested 1.3530 level (yesterday's high) and pull back to 1.3511 after the US news, about pending home sell and ISM. It seems housing market as "bottomed", the thing is, you won't know until next year the same time around, y/y comparison make sense while m/m in housing market is just kids game.

Plan is short at 30 level if it gets there again.




As I comment to OS's reply, I'm still holding the last portion of my trade, today is going to have the rate decision of discount rate in USD, that's why the price is trying to reach lower (I think).

Fed did this last time at 13:30 PM PST. not sure what will be this time, I don't really want to trade it, because Oanda will have 3 or 4 pips spread, that's killer to me.

2 comments:

  1. OS: I didn't get the chance to short, it pops to 1.3525 for a short while and I wasn't paying attention to it as I was waiting it to test 1.3530 again. Then It fall all the way to 1.3470.

    I picked some longs at the bottome, now the last position is running.

    Chart is coming soon in this post.

    ReplyDelete