Friday, November 6, 2009

Frist Post, introduction and background.

This is my first post on this blog, I just want to use it as a tool to track my trading record and give some data for end of month analysis, hope this can improve my trading performance overall.

About the trading vehicle, I mainly trade EUR/USD (99% of the time), about forex trading in general, you can google it and there are lots of educational website for entry level traders. The main reasons I pick this is because:
1: 24 hours around.
2: liquidity
3: small spread (meaning lower cost)
4: information transparency

About broker and charting program, I use Oanda as my trading broker, mainly because of the "free" trade, well, they do expend the spread to make their profit, but compare to my size, it's OK. For charting, I use Amibroker and with IB feed. Mainly because the backfill feature down to minute level so that I can get more information.

Size: I'm using 10 times of margin only, which is small in Forex trading, but that's my starting point and will see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment