Thursday, December 17, 2009

Goal for 2010

Before write goal for 2010, let's see what I had for 2009.

**********************************************************************
Goals for 2009
Daily 3: Continue with FX planned trading and trade the plan.
[8, I got most of this]
Daily 6: 2 trades or backtest replay everyday.
[10, I got at least 2 trades a day, but not backtest]
Weekly 1: Only go on web surving on weekends
[3, I surved pretty much everyday]
Weekly 2: Review trades on weekends
[10, I think I only skip 1 or 2 weeks]
Monthly 2: Only go to yutobe or similar web site once a Month.
[5, every 2 or 3 days maybe]
Monthly 4: Read a book, ebook or real, every month.
[3,as I only read through March, well I ready tons of blog post the whole year, that should count as well!]
Monthly 5: only play poker and Facebook every month.
[5, I give up poker early this year and facebook, it's just 5 to 10 minutes everyday]

1: Trade only on the trend that decided by the list of questions
No Jump in the trade, no 1 minute trade, even you jump, take 10 seconds chart and get a nice entry.
2: Trade only on the hammer like bar, no breakout play.

1 and 2 doesn't matter anymore as the way of trading keep changing through out the year.
3: Honor stop, 20 pips on any given trade, 30 pips per 24 hours.
[3, some big blow up]
4: Document the trade.
[8, most of my trade has a chart and some description about why I trade]
**********************************************************************
Now let's list the goal for 2010
1: daily trade 2 times, or replay the chart 2 times, the bottom line is to keep myself with the market and don't get my hands cold, write trading plan every time!
2: review trade weekly
3: review size monthly, if I can get consistent result, increase the size every 2 month. if my capital drop to the max risk level, lower my size.
4: Blog reading and podcast.

These are the goals I think easy to reach.
Now here is the hard one
5: Fight for the entry and exit, don't always use market order.
6: Book reading and more important with action plan to follow up.
7: rehearse the bad and good scenario before trade. Need more plan on this about how to write it.
8: Backup my trading data monthly.















* Short-term trading means fighting for ticks. That adds up over time. I'm buying bids and selling offers, not lifting offers and hitting bids. When I decide to get out, I battle to get an extra tick from the trade; I don't just bail out. Had the market picked up volume and volatility, however, I would have been more likely to bail. Tactics are relative to market conditions;
I have revisit my entry for this month, it works most of the time if I can let the limit order get hit other than chasing the market order.

No comments:

Post a Comment