Wednesday, October 27, 2010

2010-10-27

I was lazy these 3 days, I had a horrible day Sunday night, down 20%, which means all the profit last week was given back. So I have to adjust my mind and regroup, now it's about 10% back. And my mind is a lot clear.
This morning (actually both today and yesterday) I passed on some entry that I normally would take, and just because it's too risky or I don't have the time to manage it. They would worked out ok, but I didn't feel much regret, it's just a trade, it shouldn't make me or break me.
My plan was to close my longer term position on short EUR/USD and SPY in couple weeks (3 or 4), then focus only on day trading.
Early the year, around May and June, I was trading pretty well, and I thought I can manage day trading as well as swing trade, it turns out working for couple month, but now when I'm day trading, I keep on having the short bias. That makes me believe that my longer term position is somewhat affecting my short term view on the market.

I'm still debating if I should go with a system, like before, I traded breakout/moving average cross/support-resist, or go by reading the market and trade only base on price movement. I'm tend to go with the later, with "solid" money management of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment