Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday Thought

I was trading well this week, the smaller account (after blow out, now I trade with smaller size) gained over 20%, and I didn't feel much pressure during the week. There were probably one or 2 times I went all-in with this smaller account, and there is only one time I use the reserve.
If (and only if) base on this ratio, I would need 5 weeks to double this account and 25 weeks to get all the losses back for the current account. If I double up every 100%, it will be 11 weeks, that will put me in the end of Jan 2011.
This is a very aggressive goal and I'm sure I won't make it, so I will actually doubling my account with more funding from the reserver after 4 weeks of profitable trading so that my target ratio will be smaller, hopefully I can still get the same place by Jan 2011.
Trading is a long term goal, there should be any day / week to make me or break me.

Now let's talk about why I'm success this week, I mainly focus on how market moves, and because of the big loss last week, I wasn't really want to trade and I was watching here and there, but I clearly remember what the loss I have and what was the reason for it, it was fighting against the trend. This week, I still trade the same support/resistant type of setup, but I am more careful with the trend, and I can spot the difference of stronger trend vs. weaker trend on 10 or 5 seconds chart, with also the help of watching at price change real time. When price approaching a specific range, for example 50, the seller will try to stop it from going above 50, so you should see a slow down in the move, if the price movement continues, it can break and then because of the stop order, it accelerated, and most of the time in stronger trend, it stays above 50. So I was able to follow the stronger trend and fade the weaker trend. This is one reason of the success this week.

The other reason is, I am able to take some loss during the trade with out holding onto them for too long. Before, I was also able to take loss for individual trade, I cut them quickly because of stop-loss order, but I wasn't able to mentally take the loss for the day, I have to trade it back. This week, I did. I was able to identify the right timeframe and trading entry, when it's not working for me, I just stop, as I'm gaining any advantage on the market, why continue. This is always tomorrow that I can trade it back, no one day should make me or break me.

So 2 factors, 1: read the market and movement strong/weak. 2: risk management, always think of what if you loss this trade.

Bye for now, it's raining here in west coast, it sucks. It keeps my kids inside and they want to go out and play.

1 comment:

  1. Like you said back then in summer about my post on tilt I got to say I like when you share your thought process and wish to see more posts like this :)

    ReplyDelete