Friday, January 15, 2010

2010-01-15








1: wasn't going to trade the off session, but when the news hit, still traded. Didn't follow the major trend.

2: didn't write trade plan before the trade.



if I were able follow the rules, 1, didn't trade last night, as even I know the news for rumar of officer resign and later on dismissed, and then ECB talk about not bailout greece. Then this morning around 6 to 7 AM, with the bad CPI number and not so good stock market (JPM and INTC not able to lift it), I would go short. If I were able to get some entry at 00 level, it would be 20 to 30 pips, the key is, after such a nice down trend day, there is no way I go long the market without any fundmental change or any sharp reversal on the technical side.

Also what's the difference of the news/suprise (A) in the off hour compare to (B) the one with our session, which is, B is scheduled and I was ready for it, I have my news tools open up and wait for the number, also I predefined trade plan as well as s/r level. A is not scheduled and it totally suprise, unless it moves big way such as 50+ pips, there is no way I can make money from it.


This is probably my worst trade of the week, the worst part is because I get reward on it, makes me to keep this bad trade. I should get punished by this.

Multiple rules are broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment