Tuesday, June 1, 2010

messed up

OK, on the other laptop, I messed up. I also try to shrink the partition, but somehow in windows 7 installation DVD, it shows 149 GB with RAW partition. On the old laptop, it was showing as NTFS, that's how I shrinked 50 GB from it. And now this new dell laptop shows differently, I shrinked it anyway, it finished in 1 second, I know something wrong right away, and it returns it shrinked 149 GB successfully... #$%^&*(

For sure, I couldn't boot to my xp anymore....

1 comment:

  1. A Linux programmer friend of mine worked on the Win7 beta as a tester. The general consensus amongst the programming community is that Win7 code is regressive as compared to the previous generation XP.

    In his mind (and something I suspected initially) XP SP3 was the pinnacle of Win OP systems combining stability with efficiency and simplicity. Subsequent generations have gone successively worse as they tried to copycat Apple and what not...while not paying attention to their strengths...simplicity and business efficacy.

    Personally the day I have to leave XP SP3 I will have a conundrum....it just works.

    ReplyDelete