Friday, February 5, 2010

2010-02-05 NFP


We lost 20K jobs, but rate is at 9.7%... drop from 10.0% previously.. I am not a math guy, I cannot figure out how this number make sense... So what I do? I follow the trend.. Major trend is down, I keep on shorting..




I came back home from ER at 11:50 PM last night, it could have been 7:00 PM since we only received 1 hour treatement, but we waited for 5 hours.

They have the best equipment/hardware in the world, but lack of people that has the skill to use them.

BTW: all the white nurses were standing there chatting while other nurses (black/his/phil) were running around doing the work.



At one point, I was down 50 pips and also have max risk 180 pips. So the worst case, I could end the day with -230 pips.. But from there, I hit a winner with 190 pips. which makes Risk Reward 2.3:1.9... wasn't as good as on paper, but if I held on all my position, it should be 230 VS 300. I don't have any probelm to take profit as it reaching my targets, as it lonwers my risk.


What can I do better:

Plan better for NFP, I did have a plan but didn't write it down. Also need to include the size in plan, was little lost when I enter the order as I don't know how much should I short..



Trust me, I had a strong feeling to short another additional 4x at the price of 1.3740, but I looked at my current size, it's already 3x. I stopped and told myself it's too risky.. Now I'm not regretting at all even I missed another potenssial 400 pip profit. I tell myself, u saved yourself another 240 pips of risk.


No comments:

Post a Comment