Tuesday, February 23, 2010

2010-02-23 another day of RB


The day started OK, I was up 6:20 and waiting for US stock market to open, got some target hit and stop loss, all normal. First trade was on case shiller house news, market sold off a little and bounced back, I shorted. and stopped out then short again, I was able to get 1R for 1/2 size and let the rest run... It turns out to be profit, I was up +5 or so.

Then there was the suden drop and i shorted with 3x size, got stopped out, after that, it's bigger and bigger size. I was once down -130 pips and I called additional support, moving money from reserve account and use bigger leverage for trading. at the worst point, I was down -130 in my account and if I got stop out, that's another 80 pips... so total risking -210 trade.

End up it worked out, if I hold all the position till now, I will be +230. so it's actually -210 vs +230.

The thing is, I taking profit on the way up so I end up with only +50. I was running at highest 7.5 x size, I was scared.


I'm trading with 1/2 capital and 1/2 reserve, in couple days/cases, I use the reserve in my trading.. next month I plan to increase the size, that means no reserve and no average in because of less capital... meaning more rule breaking == failure in the whole account.

No comments:

Post a Comment