Thursday, February 25, 2010

weekly review and monthly review.

I'm done for the week and the month. Today there is some interesting market movement, we yoyoed in fx market, E/U end up at 1.3540/50 level.

Weekly number:
2/21/2010 8
2/22/2010 9
2/23/2010 38
2/24/2010 0
2/25/2010 -6

Total of 49 pips. And I reached my monthly goal as well, that's why I call it for the month. Starting next month, I will be increasing my size and max risk will also be increased.

By looking at my jornal, the biggest problem is my rule breaking trade, if all the worst case happened, I will be -800 pips in the past 4 months. There need to be some review and plan/action in place.

I don't have much time to work on my trading, I do have time in front of the computer but I feel I'm not focused, my eyes are looking at the screen but not my mind, and I'm losing my sleep because of some bad trade (for example the one on 2/23).

We bot a mini-van, now I'm a complete mid-age family man. :)

I'm having skype account now, it's active when I was trading, I feel it helps to keep connection with couple trading friends (Thanks Alex for bring this up). If the readers want to get connected, please email me your skype ID. Again, I'm trading mainly PST time frame.

Happy weekend everyone... ops, it's NOT Friday yet.


lessons learned this week:
1: in off session, I can wait for the price to reach the s/r line, so have limited order at the line is better than giving up 1 or 2 pips. because it's less chance to true breakout. Also in off session, it moves less and spread wider, 1 or 2 pips makes big deal.

2: following 1 minute ema62 is so easy to trade.

3: rule breaking == failure

No comments:

Post a Comment